Uila, a Bay Area startup, has created a game-changing application-centric infrastructure monitoring and analytics solution that redefines the way data centers are able to manage and optimize system infrastructure and applications. Uila identifies performance bottlenecks for business-critical services and plans workload migration strategies for private and hybrid cloud environments and businesses use Uila to align themselves with their IT operations team and cut MTTR from days to minutes, keeping their applications at peak performance at all times and ensuring the highest degree of end-user satisfaction. See WWW.UILA.COM
The Technical Marketing Engineer is responsible for technical analysis and marketing of Uila’s solutions relative to clearly articulating the technical differentiators and work with Product Marketing with the goal of determining and enhancing the competitiveness of Uila’s products in the marketplace. This position is located for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA.
- Create collateral, including videos, infographics, product briefs, design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, etc. that articulate and promote the product portfolio, value proposition and roadmap to key audiences.
- Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences and technical sales training or channel partner training activities.
- Managing, maintaining and understanding our competitors’ products to provide high-level, detailed product comparisons.
- Comparing feature sets in detail, identifying Uila’s advantages for public use, and identifying competitor advantages for internal use.
- Customer demos highlighting the key features of differentiation & value of Uila.
- Designing, documenting, and implementing benchmarking suites that highlight Uila advantages and publishing sample results, along with detailed implementation plans for customers to duplicate.
- Creating a series of documented product failures for competing products and providing this information through Product management to the channel and customers.
- Actively managing reviewers, bloggers and industry influencers and performing demos of the Uila solution by being the key technical point of contact.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher
- 3-4 years of industry customer experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Prior experience as a TME or Sales Engineer preferred
- Software scripting capabilities preferred
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Data Center and Cloud products
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency. Must be resourceful, proactive and aggressive
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company