Plan your organization's Migration Strategies
With Uila you can plan your Workload migration strategy from Private to Hybrid Cloud or between Data Centers with deep insights into current application usage and their dependencies
without any surprises with incomplete migration of applications or infrastructure components.
This way you can reduce business risks and get your IT team to focus on business accelerations or innovations vs maintenance projects.
- Discover: Conduct Automated Pre-Migration Assessments to discover applications, infrastructure assets and their dependencies. You can also get visibility into the current resource usage and allocations to help you plan your budgets when running those applications in the cloud.
- Migrate: Validate application dependencies and make sure all your assets that need to be migrated, actually get migrated during your Iterative Migration Process.
- Validate and Optimize: Validate application performance and dependency updates and Optimize performance by comparing before and after migration.
Uila helps you along the 3 most important steps of migrating to the Cloud:
Totally Agentless & Seamless Discovery of Infrastructure & Applications
- Installation (and eventually uninstalling!) agents in other competitive solutions creates a lot of additional overhead. Uila is totally Agentless for Application and Infrastructure discovery.
- Application auto-discovery for over 3000 applications with deep packet inspection.
- Review Application Response times, Transaction volume and Traffic volume for each individual application without interfering with their existing processes and services.
- Automated DPI to classify previously unknown traffic using embedded machine-learning algorithms.
Map Dependencies for your Entire IT portfolio
- In-depth understanding of the Infrastructure and Application assets in the data center and their interdependencies.
- Reduced Time to Value with automatic discovery of the topology map for multi-tier applications.
- No manual updates or interventions needed to build the Dependency mapping. Install Uila, and we will build the maps automatically.
- Overcome poor documentation practices or knowledge transfer of dependencies due to employee turnover.
- Discover KPIs such as Application Response Time, Transaction Volume, packets, etc. for every application.
Know your Current Infrastructure Performance
- Identify current VMs that have performance issues, and fix them before you migrate with Uila's Root Cause analysis. Migrating a poorly performing machine to a new data center, chances are that the performance after the migration will be as poor.
- Comprehensive Resource Provisioning and Usage to help calculate costs for future usage in Public Cloud
- Visualize current compute performance in the data center by measuring metrics such as CPU swap wait, CPU Ready, Utilization and tie this to the Application Response Time.
- Visualize performance of all memory arrays in your hosts with respect to the infrastructure currently running in your data center. Get up-to-date information on memory usage, swap rate, swap wait times, etc.
- Visualize Storage trending performance on Read/Write latencies and IOPS across VMs, vDisk and Data Stores.
- Identify Network interconnections and know existing throughput and network drops/errors
Export Application and Infrastructure Dependency Results to Migration Teams
- Export results of the Infrastructure and Application asset inventory and dependencies to your Migration planning and implementation team.
- Export results on source/destination asset name, source/destination asset IP address, through gateways, port numbers and applications.
Pre-Migration network traffic cost estimation for workloads that will span Cloud boundaries
- Visualize pre-migration network traffic between VMs that are part of a multi-tier workload, to help estimate future cloud bills to run the same workload with dependencies now spanning across cloud boundaries.
- Export results to your migration planning and implementation teams.
Uila: Get Expert Guidance on Rightsizing of your Infrastructure Resources Before you Migrate
- Visualize under-provisioned hosts or instances leading to application performance issues.Plan future cloud resources to avoid same mistakes.
- Visualize money left currently on the table with over-provisioned infrastructure assets. Plan future cloud resources based on actual needs and smarter investments.
- Visualize VM performance and utilization for a variety of resources including CPU, Memory and compare usage trends with allocated resources.
- Clean out VM clutter before migration with visualization into zombie or unused VMs with Uila's Change Control monitoring capability.
Continuous Monitoring During Migration
- Complete visualization into workload migration progress with new and retired servers and connections
- Real-time visibility allows for building confidence within the migration team, and also makes roll-backs or modifications very nimble, with minimum loss to business continuity
Business Continuity Validation Post-Migration
- Single Pane of glass for correlated Application & Infrastructure visibility across all VMware, Microsoft Hyper-v, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud deployments to maintain control over service quality and performance post-migration.
- Application dependency mapping provides validation status for post-migration for multi-tier business-critical applications.
- Validate business-critical application availability and end-user performance improvements desired from the hybrid cloud migration.
VMblog's Expert Interviews: Uila Talks VMware vExpert Hybrid Cloud Migration and Monitoring Survey ResultsUila recently announced the results from a first-of-a-kind survey panel with VMware vExperts on the state of the Hybrid Cloud initiative. To find out more about this survey and the results, VMblog spoke with Dilip Advani, VP of Marketing at Uila.
What is Application Dependency Mapping?Quick 2 minute video that talks about the basics of Application Dependency Mapping, its importance for Hybrid Cloud Migration projects and monitoring of Data Centers/Multi-Cloud deployments and how it is done with Uila.
Everything to the Cloud! How Uila can help with your Pre-migration AssessmentRead blog by Theresa Miller published on 24x7ITconnection on how Uila helps with pre-migration Hybrid Cloud assessments.
Migrate Entire Applications to the Cloud?Quick discussion on the balancing act of migrating applications to the cloud.
vExpert Recommendations on Hybrid Cloud Migration-White PaperUila Survey Panel with VMware vExperts on the state of the Hybrid Cloud initiative. The Survey is focused on Hybrid Cloud Migration and Monitoring challenges and techniques. The survey reveals the realities of the challenges with migrating to the Hybrid World.
Hybrid Cloud Migrations with UilaWatch quick explainer video on the challenges enterprise organizations face with Hybrid Cloud Migrations and how they can be overcome with Uila.
Migration to Hybrid Cloud MethodsEducational video on the 2 types of Hybrid Cloud Migration methods.
Challenges with Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick Educational video on the organization challenges with Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
User Expectations from Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick educational video on the expectations organizations have from Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
Application Centric Hybrid Cloud MigrationChia-chee Kuan, CEO of Uila talks to Actual Tech Media on Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
Uila for Hybrid Cloud Workload MigrationQuick 2-page Solution brief on Uila for Hybrid Cloud Workload Migrations.
Application Identification and Dependency Discovery for Hybrid Cloud MigrationsQuick video on Application Identification and Dependency Discovery for Hybrid Cloud Migrations with Uila.
Network Interconnections visibility with Uila for Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick video on the much-require network interconnection and challenges visibility before migrating to Hybrid Cloud.
Identifying your Data Center's Technical and Infrastructure Debt before MigrationQuick video on how to identify your data center's technical and infrastructure debt, which is very critical during Migration projects to another data center or to the Hybrid Cloud.
White Paper on Managing Application-centric IT for Hybrid CloudHybrid Cloud and the impact on monitoring solutions with the shift in IT Landscape from Infrastructure-centic to Application-centric by Edwin Yuen, Analyst @ ESG
Ready to begin your Monitoring Journey with Uila?
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now