Hyperconvergence in the Modern Data Center
Hyperconvergence maybe defined in different ways by different vendors, organizations or IT folks. But to put in a simple statement, it basically calls for the convergence of different platforms (Compute, Storage and at times even Network) into a single platform that is managed from a single interface.
- Management efficiency for configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- High Availability on both, Compute and Storage.
- Hyper and easy Scalability with shared resource pools, that allows easy addition of nodes to scale as per the requirements.
- Reduced costs with shared pools, instead of separate ones. For example, this could elimiate separate support and maintenance contracts.
With Hyperconverged Infrastructure deployments, organizations can derive many benefits. These include:
Challenges of a HCI environment
Even though Hyperconverged Infrastructure offers a number of benefits, there are many issues that IT teams must NOT ignore. These include:
- Choosing the right HCI hardware specification when migrating from non-HCI deployments. Knowledge into current usage and dependencies is key.
- Knowing exactly which individual resource has scalability challenges and needs more attention.
- Future-proofing with scalability possibilities to support Hybrid Cloud bolt-on or expansions.
Uila currently supports only VMware and Microsoft Hyper-v Hypervisors in a HCI deployment.
Uila: Holistic Full Stack Monitoring in a Single Product for HCI Environments
- Align business and IT Operations goals in a single product with application visibility and correlated network, compute and storage insights to solve problems before end-user impact in a Hyperconverged Infrastructure environment.
- Reduce time in War room conversations and instead focus on business acceleration projects.
- Full stack visibility (Application Performance Monitoring, Infrastructure Performance Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Storage Monitoring) for virtualized data centers reduces troubleshooting time from days to minutes, enabling lean IT teams to get time back for more strategic projects
- Identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Read more about full-stack monitoring with Uila by clicking the button below:
Uila: Agentless & Seamless Discovery for over 3,500 applications
- Application auto-discovery for over 3,500 applications with deep packet inspection.
- Review Application Response times, Transaction volume and Traffic volume for each individual application without interfering with their existing processes and services.
- Automated DPI to classify previously unknown traffic using embedded machine-learning algorithms.
- IT teams can identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Real-time visibility into Application & Business Service Dependencies
- In-depth understanding of the assets in the data center and their interdependencies.
- Reduced Time to Value with automatic discovery of the topology map for multi-tier applications, because when migrating an application, you need to know all the servers and processes the application is using.
- Troubleshoot issues proactively at lightning speeds with full visibility into the dependencies across applications and infrastructure. View each application service performance by its response time and transaction load on the associated VMs.
- No manual updates or interventions needed to build the Dependency mapping. Install Uila, and we will build the maps automatically with NO code changes needed.
- Overcome poor documentation practices or knowledge transfer of dependencies due to employee turnover.
- Key Performance Indicators such as Application Response Time, Transaction Volume, packets, etc. for every application discovered.
- Compare past dependencies with before and after change monitoring.
Migrate to HCI with Confidence
- Plan customer's Workload migration strategy from Non-HCI to HCI environments with deep insights into current application usage and their dependencies.
- Prevent surprises with incomplete migration of applications or infrastructure components.
- Reduce business risks for you as well as your customer with the most accurate pre-migration assessment.
- Intuitive Application services inventory map and current performance baseline to ensure successful migrations for multi-tier applications.
- Visualize Application, Services, Interdependencies and Topology map to understand all dependencies & Identify your Technical Debt before migration.
- Comprehensive Resource Provisioning and Usage, including CPU (cores, Ghz), Memory (Gb) & Storage (Capacity, IOPS, Latencies)
Eliminate pain points within the Compute Resources
- Visualize how compute performance in the data center affects application performance by measuring metrics such as CPU swap wait, CPU Ready, Utilization and tie this to the Application Response Time.
- Visualize performance of all memory arrays in your hosts with respect to the infrastructure currently running in your data center. Get up-to-date information on memory usage, swap rate, swap wait times, etc.
Uila: Real-time Network Performance Monitoring to Proactively Stay Ahead of Issues
- Visualize how vAPP network traffic traverses across physical devices, virtual entities & Application Services, to pinpoint network hot spots impacting application performance.
- Review Network Round Trip Time, Traffic Volume, Retries, Packet Drops, Application Response Time for each application.
- Top-down visualization approach from the Application or Business Service to its correlated Infrastructure and Network root cause for faster root cause resolution.
Uila: Clear Bottlenecks and Weaknesses in Storage Performance
- Monitor Storage performance across multiple vendor’s storage arrays on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Simplify capacity planning procedures with insights into storage hotspots.
- Visualize trending performance issues on Read/Write latencies and IOPS across VMs, vDisk and Data Stores.
- Understand the problematic tiers within your storage infrastructure and isolate any performance issues.
- Visualize how the overall storage infrastructure maps to applications, particularly with multi-tier applications.
- Identify which applications are affected when there are storage performance issues.
Lake EMS Success StoryEmergency Medical Services organization instantly solved their Patient Billing System issues in a Nutanix environment.
What is Full-Stack Visibility?What is Full Stack Visibility - an interview with Chia-Chee Kuan by ActualTech Media
What Should a Full-Stack Monitoring Solution Do?Infographic on what full-stack visibility solutions do and why they are a requirement for every IT organization.
Full Stack Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Full Stack Monitoring.
Ready to begin your Monitoring Journey with Uila
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now