Most organizations today are looking at what it means to migrate at least some of their applications or workloads. Dependencies may challenge organizations to run in a hybrid configuration where some infrastructure is on-premises, but a majority of the workload is now running in the cloud. This changes how we approach our IT strategy and how we plan. With the right tools a pre-migration assessment of your application(s), or even the entire environment can be completed by your own IT team. This can be done to ensure that you are prepared to know exactly what we are getting into before we try to move any corporate information to a cloud platform.
Why do a Pre-Migration Assessment?
Migrating to any cloud; whether it is to Microsoft Azure, AWS and the Google Cloud Platform, should not ever come without planning. Cloud migrations do not come with an “easy button”, although sometimes the impression can be that it is super easy; typically, it’s not. Whether you are migrating to a SaaS application, virtualizing your servers or desktops to the cloud planning and assessment must occur for many reasons.
Let’s take a look here to learn more about when to do a pre-migration assessment and how Uila can help.
- Overcoming the Challenges of a Multi-Cloud Environment
- You don’t have to be a vExpert to win an Amazon Fire Pad at VMworld US- but it does GUARANTEE it!
- Things I look forward to at VMworld 2018
- Hybrid Cloud, Multi-Cloud, and Hybrid Multi-Cloud, Oh My!!!
- Uila Extends Monitoring and Analytics to Multi-Cloud
- My top 3 VMware on AWS feature
- Adapting IT Admin Skills to the Cloud
- vExpert's recommendations on Hybrid Cloud Migrations
- VMUG Minneapolis – A quick rundown
- Results of the Uila vExpert Hybrid Cloud survey coming soon!