Plan & Grow Strategic IT Initiatives
An IT Architect not only has the responsibility of providing the direction to the IT team for new business services or initiatives that will help the organization in its business transformation, but also needs to strategize on the usage of the current Infrastructure to see how the organization can maximize investments and increase the ROI.
They also are the person who acts as a liaison between stakeholders belonging to different teams as everyone works together to solve the business problem on hand. They are responsible to make hard and impartial decisions on which technologies need to be dropped as they get outdated or infrastructure changes that need to be made, keeping in mind not how the solution operates in its own context, but how it function in the larger ecosystem.
They as a change agent have the responsibility to evaluate new technology and drive the organization towards it. One example here would be the migration to the Hybrid Cloud, where they spearhead the effort to plan the migration to ensure business continuity.
Uila: Data Center Capacity Planning for Tomorrow’s Agile Workload Environments
- Full visibility into current workload performance and ones that are making the greatest demands on system resources, and compare that with your business objectives.
- Analytics across the entire application and infrastructure stack finds underutilized resources and even unused infrastructure software licenses. This allows you to be more strategic and selective when it comes time to upgrade infrastructure.
- Critical insight into over and under-provisioned hosts and VMs based on resources (Compute, Storage, Network).
Uila: Plan your organization's Migration Strategies
- Plan your Workload migration strategy from Private to Hybrid Cloud or between Data Centers with deep insights into current application usage and their dependencies.
- Prevent surprises with incomplete migration of applications or infrastructure components.
- Reduce business risks and helps IT teams focus on business accelerations or innovations vs maintenance projects.
- Intuitive Application services inventory map and current performance baseline to ensure successful migrations for multi-tier applications.
- Visualize Application, Services, Interdependencies and Topology map to understand all dependencies & Identify your Technical Debt before migration.
- Comprehensive Resource Provisioning and Usage, including CPU (cores, Ghz), Memory (Gb) & Storage (Capacity, IOPS, Latencies)
Migration to Hybrid Cloud MethodsEducational video on the 2 types of Hybrid Cloud Migration methods.
Challenges with Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick Educational video on the organization challenges with Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
User Expectations from Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick educational video on the expectations organizations have from Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
The Gorilla Guide to... Application-centric IT for Private and Hybrid CloudIn this ebook, you will learn about the advantages of an application-focused approach to IT; Discovery of Application Dependencies to simplify workload migration and resource planning; How to start the journey of developing a "full stack" mindset for managing applications.
What is Application-centric IT?Uila CEO Chia-Chee Kuan talks about Application-Centric IT.
White Paper on Managing Application-centric IT for Hybrid CloudHybrid Cloud and the impact on monitoring solutions with the shift in IT Landscape from Infrastructure-centic to Application-centric by Edwin Yuen, Analyst @ ESG
Analyst view on Full-Stack MonitoringWhitepaper on Advanced Data Center Management with Integrated, Full Stack Monitoring by Edwin Yuen, Analyst, ESG
Need to Chat with Uila Expert?
Schedule a 1:1 conversation with a Uila Expert on how you can manage your Application Performance Challenges or plan your Strategic Projects