Digital Transformation in Retail
Anytime, anywhere shopping is becoming the norm of our daily lives. This is leading retailers to upgrade their platforms, make sure their disparate systems work together, ensure the highest level of security and compliance & most importantly make sure that their systems and teams are able to handle the vast amount of data from shoppers. This collected data then needs to be managed to build strategies that provide an enhanced shopping experience and finally more business to the retailers.
This calls for the implementation of application platforms that integrate the retailer’s services, technologies, processes and the collected data across the organization. The industry is shifting from being Product-centric to being Customer-centric, which also means the IT teams and the systems need to be Application-centric to support this shift.
What Retailers Demand
Retailers demand responsive Point of Sale (POS) transactions that need to handle credit cards and gift cards in a secure manner, efficient inventory and store management across distributed locations, and other typical services like HR and accounting that you see in any other organization. All of this needs to be done efficiently with the constrained IT resources & budgets that they may have. Maintaining this balance is critical for the retailer to keep the current lights on, but too maintain their relevancy in this fast paced digitized shopping world.
Hybrid Cloud Environments continue to offer the sclability and elasticity that these retailers demand to maintain the balance between their CAPEX investements and the availabiliity of their online store during peak sale days.
Uila: Holistic Full Stack Monitoring in a Single Product
- Align business and IT Operations goals in a single product with application visibility and correlated network, compute and storage insights to solve problems before end-user impact.
- Reduce time in War room conversations and instead focus on business acceleration projects.
- Full stack visibility (Application Performance Monitoring, Infrastructure Performance Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Storage Monitoring) for virtualized data centers reduces troubleshooting time from days to minutes, enabling lean IT teams to get time back for more strategic projects
- Identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Read more about full-stack monitoring with Uila by clicking the button below:
Uila: Agentless & Seamless Discovery for over 3000 applications
- Application auto-discovery for over 3000 applications and protocols with deep packet inspection.
- Review Application Response times, Transaction volume and Traffic volume for each individual application without interfering with their existing processes and services.
- Automated DPI to classify previously unknown traffic using embedded machine-learning algorithms.
- IT teams can identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Uila: Deeper Intelligence for Applications
- Uila provides deep insights into web and database applications (MS-SQL, DNS, PostgreSQL, HTTP, MySQL and Oracle) to allow for the issues to be narrowed down and mitigated.
- Detailed Query and Network Statistics –ART, queries (GET, POST, HEAD) and network related transactions & Status code statistics –number of status code requests and responses collected per minute.
- Search Engine for Application Transaction Metadata.
Uila: Eliminate pain points within the Compute Infrastructure
- Visualize how compute performance in the data center affects application performance by measuring metrics such as CPU swap wait, CPU Ready, Utilization and tie this to the Application Response Time.
- Visualize performance of all memory arrays in your hosts with respect to the infrastructure currently running in your data center. Get up-to-date information on memory usage, swap rate, swap wait times, etc.
Uila: Monitor & Troubleshoot VDI Health & Performance for your Point of Sale (POS) terminals
- Monitor the health of the Infrastructure supporting your VDI environment & Single-click insight into root cause for VDI issues leading to degraded end-user experience.
- Operational Intelligence for detecting Overloaded and overcommitted VDI clusters.
- Identify Kerberos Authorization errors.
- Troubleshoot Storage issues by identifying Concurrent IOPS Spikes leading to long latencies.
- Identify Slow JMS & bad DND queries.
Uila: Rapid Detection of Network Anomalies & Threats in your Retail Data Center
- Real-time Full Network Security Insight with comprehensive Applications, Network and Infrastructure & East-West traffic statistics across VMs.
- Detect East-West traffic which may indicate that a malware penetrated the outer security perimeter and has launched further attacks inside a vulnerable data center.
- Identify Dormant VM vulnerabilities in your data center.
- Detect Abnormal patterns of connections and traffic flow indicating a network security threat that could impact business service performance and operations
- Packet Capture for Deep Packet Inspection & Forensic Evidence to solve network security challenges
- Ability to identify nearly all protocols and applications behind IP flows, on mobile and wireline networks, in any geography.
Plan your Institution's Migration Strategies
- Plan your Workload migration strategy from Private to Hybrid Cloud or between Data Centers with deep insights into current application usage and their dependencies.
- Prevent surprises with incomplete migration of applications or infrastructure components.
- Reduce business risks and helps IT teams focus on business accelerations or innovations vs maintenance projects.
Uila: Map Dependencies for your Entire IT portfolio
- In-depth understanding of the Infrastructure and Application assets in the data center and their interdependencies.
- Reduced Time to Value with automatic discovery of the topology map for multi-tier applications.
- Troubleshoot issues proactively at lightning speeds with full visibility into the dependencies across applications and infrastructure. View each application service performance by its response time and transaction load on the associated VMs.
- No manual updates or interventions needed to build the Dependency mapping. Install Uila, and we will build the maps automatically.
- Overcome poor documentation practices or knowledge transfer of dependencies due to employee turnover.
- Key Performance Indicators such as Application Response Time, Transaction Volume, packets, etc. for every application discovered.
Large Sportswear Retail Store Success StoryWatch how Uila helped a large retail sportswear store resolve their POS terminal freezing issue.
Infrastructure Performance Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Infrastructure Performance Monitoring
Application Performance Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Application Performance Monitoring.
Uila for VDI TroubleshootingQuick Solution brief on Uila for VDI Troubleshooting.
Migration to Hybrid Cloud MethodsEducational video on the 2 types of Hybrid Cloud Migration methods.
Challenges with Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick Educational video on the organization challenges with Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
User Expectations from Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick educational video on the expectations organizations have from Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
Ready to begin your Monitoring Journey with Uila
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now