Today’s Educational Institutions, especially on the Higher-Ed side, are well into their digital journey with key focus on the foundations of the experience of their staff (such as administration efficiency with ERP systems), but more importantly for the students (with digitized learning content with Learning Management Systems or the different applications that the students may need access to while on campus).
Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office 365 are examples of applications that are changing the way students are learning across campuses, and save costly IT resources and infrastructure for the institution. Institutions always look for opportunities where they can reallocate dollar or human resources, to focus on education and their students’ experience, and thus making sure that these mission critical applications are always available and are operating at maximum performance is key for the IT teams.
Hybrid Cloud Shift for Scalability
One of the common themes with educational institutions is that most of them continuously conduct intensive cost-benefit analyses to strategize their digital journey in terms of building new data centers to handle the heavy workloads or switch to colocation or invite outside organizations to share cost and space in their on-campus data centers or the recent trend of leveraging the Hybrid Cloud. With Hybrid Cloud deployments, institutions can continue to maintain their diverse and disparate (and sometimes legacy) systems, while still taking advantage of the scalability and elasticity as offered by the Public Cloud during heavy usage days (student registration) or storing of student course data.
Uila: Holistic Full Stack Monitoring in a Single Product
- Align business and IT Operations goals in a single product with application visibility and correlated network, compute and storage insights to solve problems before end-user impact.
- Reduce time in War room conversations and instead focus on business acceleration projects.
- Full stack visibility (Application Performance Monitoring, Infrastructure Performance Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Storage Monitoring) for virtualized data centers reduces troubleshooting time from days to minutes, enabling lean IT teams to get time back for more strategic projects
- Identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Read more about full-stack monitoring with Uila by clicking the button below:
Uila: Agentless & Seamless Discovery for over 3,500 applications
- Application auto-discovery for over 3,500 applications and protocols with deep packet inspection.
- Review Application Response times, Transaction volume and Traffic volume for each individual application without interfering with their existing processes and services.
- Automated DPI to classify previously unknown traffic using embedded machine-learning algorithms.
- IT teams can identify blind spots in the infrastructure, and eliminate finger pointing between infrastructure and application teams with automated root cause and forensics.
Uila: Eliminate pain points within the Compute Infrastructure
- Visualize how compute performance in the data center affects application performance by measuring metrics such as CPU swap wait, CPU Ready, Utilization and tie this to the Application Response Time.
- Visualize performance of all memory arrays in your hosts with respect to the infrastructure currently running in your data center. Get up-to-date information on memory usage, swap rate, swap wait times, etc.
Uila: Map Dependencies for your Entire IT portfolio
- In-depth understanding of the Infrastructure and Application assets in the data center and their interdependencies.
- Reduced Time to Value with automatic discovery of the topology map for multi-tier applications.
- Troubleshoot issues proactively at lightning speeds with full visibility into the dependencies across applications and infrastructure. View each application service performance by its response time and transaction load on the associated VMs.
- No manual updates or interventions needed to build the Dependency mapping. Install Uila, and we will build the maps automatically.
- Overcome poor documentation practices or knowledge transfer of dependencies due to employee turnover.
- Key Performance Indicators such as Application Response Time, Transaction Volume, packets, etc. for every application discovered.
Uila: Monitor & Troubleshoot VDI Health & Performance
- Monitor the health of the Infrastructure supporting your VDI environment & Single-click insight into root cause for VDI issues leading to degraded end-user experience.
- Operational Intelligence for detecting Overloaded and overcommitted VDI clusters.
- Identify Kerberos Authorization errors.
- Troubleshoot Storage issues by identifying Concurrent IOPS Spikes leading to long latencies.
- Identify Slow JMS & bad DND queries.
Plan your Institution's Migration Strategies
- Plan your Workload migration strategy from Private to Hybrid Cloud or between Data Centers with deep insights into current application usage and their dependencies.
- Prevent surprises with incomplete migration of applications or infrastructure components.
- Reduce business risks and helps IT teams focus on business accelerations or innovations vs maintenance projects.
Uila Success Story: University resolves LMS outages in MinutesSuccess story on how a private US based University resolved their Blackboard Learning Management System outages with Uila.
US-based University Success StorySuccess Story for US-based University on resolving issues impacting critical E-learning Applications.
Infrastructure Performance Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Infrastructure Performance Monitoring
Application Performance Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Application Performance Monitoring.
Migration to Hybrid Cloud MethodsEducational video on the 2 types of Hybrid Cloud Migration methods.
Challenges with Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick Educational video on the organization challenges with Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
User Expectations from Hybrid Cloud MigrationQuick educational video on the expectations organizations have from Hybrid Cloud Migrations.
Ready to begin your Monitoring Journey with Uila
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now