February 18, 2020
We are excited to announce the availability of the latest release v3.3 for the Uila solution. Here are a few highlights of the new features in the release:
- Automated VDI Application Dependency Mapping Generation for VMware Horizon® versions 6 or higher. Uila will automatically generate the Application Dependency Map, which can display the different tiers of the entire VDI environment, including thin clients, VDI desktops, as well as critical infrastructure components such as the Connection server, Domain Controller, etc.
- Enhanced Search Capabilities. Users can now easily search for VMs on different screens within the Uila solution such as CPU Analysis, Memory Analysis, Storage Analysis and the Stats Browser. This will help the user focus on assets that matter to them.
- New Conversation Map in Service Grouping and Stats Browser. With this new feature, users can visualize the applications or services in use on the VMs. For example, this can be very helpful to visualize applications in use on the VDI desktops.
- New Application and Protocol Supported: Support for over a hundred new application and protocol classification including DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine), Google API, Netflix streaming, etc.
- Importing list of External devices: Users are now able to import a list (.csv format) of external devices (physical servers, clients, etc.) into the Uila software for visualization in the Application dependency mapping, as well as monitoring/troubleshooting in general.
- Creation of Service Group based on existing Port Groups.
- The case for monitoring SD-WAN
- Top 3 considerations for monitoring Application Performance
- Key Data Center Monitoring metrics to track during COVID-19
- Mitigating Risks at a Datacenter during a crisis
- VDI Tips and Tricks for Desktop Professionals #3: Network Monitoring
- VDI Tips and Tricks for Desktop Professionals #2: End-to-end VDI and Application Visibility
- How the IT world has changed in the last week?
- VDI Tips and Tricks for Desktop Professionals #1: Resource Provisioning
- What's new in Uila 3.3
- Importance of Application-Centric Network monitoring