Network Performance of the entire ecosystem is often ignored, when troubleshooting VDI problems. But the sheer fact that VDI runs over the network, must force every VDI administrator to not ignore it. Any network connection disruption or weak connectivity can significantly impact desktop performance, especially those graphics-intense or other high content processing applications.
Networking problems can range from:
- Issues in the virtual environment within the Data Center, where all the VDI Desktop VMs or VDI Management components are housed;Physical Network Equipment disruptions both inside and outside the Data Center;Slow WAN links and challenges with network equipment for remote clients;Common Network issues such as DNS failures;Others...
In the virtual environment, there could be bottlenecks anywhere within the virtual network chain. It could be due to packet drops or retries or congestion challenges at the VDI Desktop VM level OR could be at the Host level OR could be at the Distributed vSwitch level. All of this could slow down or break the access to the VDI Desktop. Also the Top of the Rack physical switch to which the VDI Desktop VM is connected, could be plagued with congestion issues or physical ethernet cable issues.
For remote locations there are similar physical networking equipment challenges of congestion or cabling issues, plus a slow WAN link between the client and the Data Center, can create unacceptable scenarios for desktop access.
If you want to talk to one of our VDI experts on any question or how to optimize your VDI environment, please click to get in touch with us.
Uila also offers a 21-day VDI Assessment program that is designed to provide an assessment of the health of the entire stack in your VDI environment. As part of this assesment, the Uila expert will install the agentless, non-disruptive, application & infrastructure-agnostic Uila solution in your VDI environment, analyze the results, provide the observations & recommendations on a 1 on 1 phone call, plus provide the final assessment report at the end for you to share with the rest of your team, or use to solve the challenges observed in your environment. Request your assessment NOW.
- Navigating the Flow: Understanding East-West Network Traffic
- The imperative of full-stack observability
- What's new in Uila uObserve v5.5
- What's new in Uila uObserve 5.1?
- Most important aspect of VDI troubleshooting
- Importance of logging analysis in the Observability World
- Uila Success Story: Baron Capital
- Uila at VMware Explore US 2022
- What's new in Uila 5.0
- What's new in Uila 4.6?