Need for Network and Application Behavior Anomaly Detection
In addition to signature-based threat detection, it has become critical for security monitoring solutions to implement new methods of identifying anomalous behaviors occuring in the environment.
This is critical to not only identify sophisticated and pervasive zero-day cyber threats, but also certain encrypted threats.
Security engineers must track critical Network as well as Application workload characteristics in real time to identify those anomalous behaviors. Network characteristics include measuring network traffic flows, utilization, drops, errors, etc. On the Application side the characteristics include the identification of the application workloads that are being attacked, transactions for those workloads, dependency changes between the critical application and infrastructure resources, deletion or addition of new VMs, etc.
Agentless & Seamless Discovery for over 3200 applications
- Application auto-discovery for over 3200 applications with deep packet inspection. Knowing what applications are running in your deployment is very critical to ensure that there are no unauthorized actions taking place.
- Review Application Response times, Transaction volume and Traffic volume for each individual application without interfering with their existing processes and services.
- Automated DPI to classify previously unknown traffic using embedded machine-learning algorithms.
- Enforce application compliance across your Hybrid Cloud deployment.
Automated Asset, Application Inventory and Connectivity Management
- In-depth understanding of all assets in the Hybrid Cloud deployment and their interdependencies. You know exactly who is in your environment and what they are doing.
- Full visibility into the dependencies across applications and infrastructure. View each application service performance by its response time and transaction load on the associated VMs.
- No manual updates or interventions needed to build the Dependency mapping. Install Uila, and we will build the maps automatically with NO code changes needed. This avoids any manual methods which are slow and error-prone. So no more excuses of maintaining up-to-date information due to IT staff churn or "no time to update".
- Overcome poor documentation practices or knowledge transfer of dependencies due to employee turnover.
- Key Performance Indicators such as Application Response Time, Transaction Volume, packets, etc. for every application discovered.
Visualize Application Deviation from Corporate Security Policy
- Identify anomalies in application behavior that may occur before, during or as a follow up after a successful attack
- Insights into deviations such as unauthorized dependency changes, new applications/services/protocols running on the VMs, additions of unauthorized VMs or tearing down of your mission critical VMs, and others.
- Map thousands of cyber threats directly to the anomalous behavior in application performance and dependencies to identify root-cause.
Total Visibility & Control of your Infrastructure for Contingency Planning & Disaster Recovery
- Application auto-discovery for over 3200 applications with deep packet inspection to identify and avoid unauthorized application rollouts.
- Understand your infrastructure, that includes assets and their dependencies with Application Dependency Mapping to manage your security risks and reduce vulnerabilities. This visibility is critical for security teams for Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning with full insight into what is needed for business continuity.
- Total visibility into your Infrastructure (Storage, Network, Users, Hosts, etc.) and know what “normal” looks like, to rapidly identify unwanted and unauthorized changes.
Application Behavior Anomaly Detection with UilaQuick video on how Uila can identify anomalies in application behavior that may occur before, during or as a follow up after a successful attack.
Uila for Cyber Threat Monitoring Solution BriefQuick solution brief on Uila's Application-centric approach to cyber threat monitoring.
Security Analytics and Change Control in the Modern Data Center White PaperRead this white paper to get insights into the security and change control issues of the Modern Data Center.
Shadow IT challenge? Take back controlIn this blog we talk about Shadow IT and how organizations can take back control of their own environment and destiny.
Wine Producer Success StoryUila Success Story on how a large wine producer solved their Shadow IT challenges.
Ready to begin your Monitoring Journey with Uila?
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now