Need for Application Dependency Mapping
Application Dependency Mapping improves IT efficiencies in terms of troubleshooting performance and cyber threat/vulnerability challenges and enables IT teams to assess the risk or impact of a change to a component or service prior to making it, understand downstream impacts of
problems as well as use it for planning strategic projects.
- Asset Management & Audits
- Identifying Root-cause for Application Disruptions and performance slowdowns
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Assessments before migrating to the Cloud
- Assessments for Data Center Consolidation
- Knowing if you need to fix your on-premise problems or purchase more resources in the Public Cloud
- Reduce Technical Debt by identifying and eliminating redundancies or unused hardware
- Change Control Monitoring
- Maintaining a strong security posture for your deployment and reducing risks
The main use cases for Application Dependency Mapping:
Automatically Discover & Document Application & Server Dependencies
- Automated in-depth identification and visualization of all virtual, physical and cloud assets and their interdependencies at the application level in a single view without the installation of any agents, and without any manual intervention.
- Automatically generated and updated in real-time.
- Direct classification for over 3,500 applications (web, database, SaaS, healthcare, financial, etc.) with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) directly on the map.
- Asset Discovery across cloud boundaries.
Monitor Application Health & Troubleshoot Quickly
- Identify root cause in Application performance down to bottlenecks in the dependency chain, even for workloads that span cloud boundaries.
- Know how different applications are accessed and depend on each other and how they are performing. View all application servers (VM’s) organized by Port Group (VLAN) view in a glance, and how they communicate with each other.
- Diagnose and Resolve Network Device outages and performance issues that are impacting application performance. Prove its NOT the network. Pin-point root cause for application issues due to network devices right from the Application Dependency Map.
Take Back Control of Your Changes & Identify Policy Violations
- Support Change Management to manage the unpredictable evolution of IT workloads, networks and technologies. For example, manage your server upgrades and see what has changed to validate no connections are lost.
- Get Alerted to, if not completely prevent Shadow IT (roll out of new applications or even Servers) within your organization.
- Insights into misconfigurations of infrastructure and applications and their impact on each other.
- Plan your disaster recovery and eliminate data loss with a guarantee that to bring back all the business-critical applications to life and work as efficiently as before.
Plan your organization's Migration Strategies with Agentless Pre-Migration Assessments
- In-depth understanding of the Infrastructure and Application assets in the data center and their interdependencies.
- Identify current VMs that have performance issues, and fix them before you migrate with Uila's Root Cause analysis. Migrating a poorly performing machine to a new data center, chances are that the performance after the migration will be as poor.
- Comprehensive Resource Provisioning and Usage to help calculate costs for future usage in Public Cloud
- Export results of the Infrastructure and Application asset inventory and dependencies to your Migration planning and implementation team.
- Pre-Migration network traffic cost estimation for workloads that will span Cloud boundaries
#vBrownBag video: Use cases for Application Dependency MappingUila TME and VMware vExpert, Aditya Krishnan talking about the "Use Cases of Application Dependency Mapping" at VMworld US 2019.
The Definitive Guide to Application Dependency MappingThis white paper highlights the top use cases for Application Dependency Mapping for Data Center and Hybrid Cloud deployments.
What is Application Dependency Mapping?Quick 2 minute video that talks about the basics of Application Dependency Mapping, its importance for Hybrid Cloud Migration projects and monitoring of Data Centers/Multi-Cloud deployments and how it is done with Uila.
Application Dependency Mapping in a Multi-Cloud deploymentOverview on Application Dependency Mapping for Application, Infrastructure and Cloud Resources in a Multi-Cloud deployment.
Multinational Telecommunications company Success StorySuccess Story for a top US-based Multinational Telecommunications Company where Uila helped their R & D division shorten the development cycle and reduce MTTR for issues by over 40%.
Application Performance Monitoring with UilaQuick product video on how to use Uila for Application Performance Monitoring.
Application Dependency Mapping with UilaQuick video on how you can Discover & Document Application & Server Dependencies with Uila.
Getting Started with Application Dependency Mapping is easy!
Start a 30-day Free Trial Now